[ke] Image 2 Mesh
Version 1.1 2022-10-16 ISO8601
Copyright © Kjell Emanuelsson - Blender GNU General Public License [GPLv3]
Note: Only the current stable public release is supported. May or may not work on older 2.8+ versions.
A Blender Add-On that lets you convert image(s) to mesh geometry. For Concept Art, Visual FX & any rough 3d sketching / Object Photo Mapping purposes.
Features: Plane, Screw or Boolean operations, Auto UV Projection Setup (for further editing with live UV's) Vertex Color Mode option, RGB color-as-alpha option (Set in Add-on prefs), Batch Processing, Alpha-Border dilation. etc.
Donation-ware: If you find use for it, consider donating!
--- DOWNLOAD ---
Download on Gumroad
--- FORUM ---
Public feedback & discussion at BlenderArtists
--- UPDATES ---
- Added Color 2 Material Mode
• Assigns a material by the most common colors, separated with a threshold value. IMAGE
• Works with or without Alpha/RGB-as-alpha: IMAGE
(Worst case example - such high detail images at 1k+ will take minutes. Smoothing is not recommended.)
• Adjust material outlines with smoothing value. IMAGE
(Tip: Automatic, will not work for all cases: Disable, and use manual smooth-tool for tricky cases.)
• Please Note: c2m mode is intended for distinct color-separation: "Busy" images will not work: IMAGE
- Color reduction threshold option added for Vertex Color Mode. IMAGE
- Custom panel location fixed. You can now assign the kit to a custom N-panel location. (in Add-on prefs)
- Add-on category changed from "Modeling" to "Import-Export"
- Add Border Expand feature (dilation). Also works in rgb mode. IMAGE
- Added support for using the same image file on all 3 boolean slots (Front, Right & Top)
- Fix rounding error (bottom left mesh faces were offset issue, noticable on low res) IMAGE
- Fix “reverse” tolerance in rbg mode (behaves more like the alpha slider now)
- Fixed some object invalidation issues when switching between to & from boolean geo ops
- Batch Process bug fixed (invalid screw flip property when redoing batch)
- Custom Work Resolution
- Vertex Color Mode (or, “retro pixel gfx mode”)
uses vertex colors instead of the texture for each face converted from the image pixels.
- Fixed Console Text Output Total count error
- Fixed update notification link : should go directly to gumroad instead of 404 the next update ;>
-Added Batch Processing operator for PLANE and SCREW modes.
Uses last used settings: Load just one image first to tweak settings before batching an entire folder.
Bools are not (& will not be) batchable
- Better Dissolve (and just one now) Worst Case-ish example : 1K @ ~1 minute (12C Threadripper)
- User RGB instead of Alpha option (in add-on prefs)